Sic Bo Rules
Sic Bo is a Chinese game that is played in both land based casinos and in online casinos. When playing Sic Bo online, it is necessary for a player to follow certain rules in order to be a part of the game and make the right bets. The roll of the dice is controlled by a random number generator to ensure that no foul play is involved and that the outcomes of the dice rolls are completely random.
Playing Sic Bo Online
The Sic Bo board is laid out in a combination of dice like pictures which represent the combination of what the dice will turn up when they are rolled. In order to begin the game, a player will have to abide by the following rules.
- Before the game begins, bets are placed by placing tokens on the appropriate chip size before the roll of the dice.
- There are 2 main types of bets, the small bet where the three dice total between 4 and 10 and the big bet where the dice total is between 11 and 17, however there is no win if a triple is rolled.
- There are also other types of bets where one can be on a specific triple or double and on any triple. Bets can also be placed on a single dice, double dice or triple dice outcome. Since each bet has its significant place on the table, this will also indicate the odds for winning the bet.
- Once a player is ready to start, a bet must be placed by clicking the dice on the board which show him the odds. A player is allowed to place more than one bet at a time and these bets can be increased or decreased depending on the player’s bank roll.
- The player then selects any of the dice combinations revealed which shows what coin size is in use. The game begins when the dice are set into motion. The dice will roll around in a cage for some time before coming to rest showing the outcome of the three dice.
- Once the dice come to rest the roll cage is opened and the numbers are displayed. Simultaneously the corresponding winning numbers light up the board.
- Since this is a game of chance and there is no sure way to predict the roll of the dice it will be simple to initially bet in small sums till you are able to get the feel of the game and go in for the bigger bets.
Tips for Playing Sic Bo
Since Sic Bo is a game of chance, players will have to adopt strategies that match their temperament and risk taking ability. If you are of the cautious type, adopt a low risk strategy, where you can maximize your odds and the house has a low edge. Small Big and combination bets are the best for such players. You may however want to raise your stakes still farther. Whatever may be your inclination, study the house edge, before placing a bet. It is worth remembering that though odds may seem attractive, for most bets the house advantage is high. The problem with house edge is that it is not standardized and may vary among casinos. This is however purely a game of chance and so everything depends upon sticking with the best odds and where the house has the lowest advantage. More than the money that you can earn, it is the fun aspect of the game which makes Sic Bo popular.